There's a New Cubit in Town!By Becky Capps (Boopaints) on April 9, 2010
|Heart Strength is one of the newest cubits and it's a place for growing in your faith one step at a time. There will be studies on God's word, sharing our faith and meeting new friends. Join us!|
As we grow together ~ here are a few suggestions
1. When I read my Bible, I like to have colored ultra fine point pens handy to underline verses. If you are the same, go ahead and grab your Bible and pens. If you don’t have one handy, don’t worry because the verses will be included in each lesson!
2. Most of the time the New International Version (NIV), New American Standard (NAS), or New King James Version (NKJV) will be used to share the verses. BibleGateway.com is a wonderful tool to compare the many versions. It’s an amazing tool and it is listed on the right side of the pages. I will try to remember to let you know what version is being used and ask the contributing writers to do the same.
3. You’ll notice that there is an application “The Bible” also listed on the right hand column of the Heart Strength cubit. You can click to read the verse in the King James Version if it’s not the one I used. This application is being shared with us and I am so grateful to have it. A huge thanks to our wonderful benefactor and programmer, Dave!
4. I know you are busy and time is short for many people. So these are mini studies to get you thinking, praying and growing. In time longer, more in-depth studies may be added in separate forums. My desire is to encourage and inspire you as you walk over the stepping stones to knowing God’s heart. It doesn’t happen all at once…you move from stone to stone to get across a garden or a creek and that is how a relationship with God is. One step at a time takes you closer and closer to the One who loved you before you ever loved Him.
5. “VIA?” is the key to our mini Bible Studies. V = verse, I = image, A = application and ? = a question to bring it to your life, to lock it in your heart. We will be posting studies often and the forums are open for discussion to all who join the cubit.
|Becky Moder, Bible, Bible Study, Christian, VIA?|
|I've learned that the things that seem important, the things I used to worry about, are fleeting and that to trust God with my life is what brings me the most peace and contentment.|
|« More articles|
Comments and discussion:
|Subject||Thread Starter||Last Reply||Replies|
|Wonderful||valleylynn||Apr 11, 2010 9:37 PM||3|