Views: 5, Replies: 1 » Jump to the end
|1 pound ground beef, venison or turkey
2 onions, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, diced
1 (14 ounce) can of Mexican style tomatoes (like Rotel)
2 (8 ounce) cans of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked if you can find it)
1 (14 ounce) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup water
1. cook ground meat with onions and peppers in a dutch oven
2. drain off excess grease and add everything else but the beans
3. when it comes to a boil add the beans, cover and simmer for two hours
These are the changes I made
1. I used a mix of ground beef, pork, and veal (meatloaf mix)
2. Added 20 ounces of Rotel tomatoes (this made it hot enough)
3. Deleted the jalapeno pepper, chili powder, and cayenne pepper
4. After one hour I added 3/4 can of tomato paste to thicken it up
I used sour cream as a topping on my serving
Deb doesn't like it to spicy and this was perfect for her.
Beautiful Souls like Frank leave lasting memories in the hearts of those he touched .
|I think your changes made it perfect.
|« Back to the top
« Cubits.org homepage
« YumYum Divas cubit homepage
« OUR KITCHEN~Food & Recipe Discussion forum
Only subscribed members of this cubit may reply to this thread. There is a "Join this cubit" button at the bottom of this page.