|Name of Recipe: Peppermint Crunch|
Contributed By: Weedwhacker
|2 2/3 cups Merckens bittersweet chocolate bar, chopped into coarse pieces|
3 drops peppermint oil (3 to 5)
2 cups Merckens white chocolate bar, chopped into coarse pieces
1/4 cup peppermint crunch or finely chopped hard peppermint candies
|1. Gently melt the dark chocolate, heating it on very low heat or over hot water until it barely melts|
2. Stir in the peppermint oil, then spread it into an 8" x 12" oval on parchment paper or foil.
3. Allow the chocolate to set, but not harden completely.
4. Melt the white chocolate the same way, and mix it with about half the peppermint crunch.
5. Spread the white chocolate over the dark chocolate.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the peppermint crunch on top, pressing it in gently.
7. Allow the candy to cool until hardened, then break or cut it into chunks.
8. Store airtight at room temperature for up to a week; freeze for longer storage..
|The above is the original recipe from the King Arthur Flour website. I made the following modifications:|
I used a bag of chocolate chips (12 oz) for the chocolate layer and melted them in the microwave, starting with 2 minute2 at 50%, stirring, and continuing at 50% for short intervals until they were melted. You may need to add 1-2 tsp of vegetable oil to smooth things out. Stir in 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract. Spread out on a buttered or sprayed jelly roll pan. After the chocolate has set, melt about 14 ounces of white chocolate with 2 tsp of vegetable oil in the same manner; stir in 1/4 tsp peppermint extract and half of the crushed peppermint candy, and continue as described in the instructions.
If you like mint flavor, and chocolate, this is delicious !!
(Image by Weedwhacker)
[ Comment ]