Viewing post #66824 by nanniepb
|Nannie's Peanut Butter Fudge (from Mary)
4 cups of sugar
1 1/3 cup evaporated milk (not condensed milk)
1 jar peanut butter (18 oz)
2 tsp vanilla
1. Butter or spray 9X13 pan
2. In a medium pan, combine sugar and milk.
Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring often.
Once this begins to form a ' birdseye boil' *, stir constantly, boil for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, then immediately add the peanut butter and vanilla.
Stir until mixed completely.
4. Pour into buttered dish and spread evenly.
5. Let cool completly before cutting.
* a birds eye boil is when the bubbles are clear and shiney, the same size of a bird's eye, and the bubbles cannot be stirred down.
~This is a double batch. To make 8" x 8" batch, cut recipe in half.
The only time this recipe has ever failed is when I tried to triple it.
~I use a timer every time I make this. When it has boiled for 4 1/2 minutes, I usually turn the burner off, still leaving the pan on the heat, then start adding peanut butter.
~Before my mixture begins to boil, I prep my jar with a knife or spatula to loosen the peanut butter from the sides of the jar because speed is of the essance.
~Cheap peanut butter works fine on this recipe.
~I use creamy pb because when I use chunky pb, it doesn't slice as neatly, not because of difference in taste
My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
Gardening in Tennessee
« Return to the thread "Peanut butter candy. Not the marshmallow fluff recipe"
« Return to ORV Food forum
« Return to the Gardening in the Ohio River Valley cubit homepage