Viewing post #1262753 by ArleneB
You are viewing a single post made by ArleneB in the thread called Bread and Rolls.
| FROM ANGIE:
LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 large egg
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar (note: I often need more sugar for a thicker glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 400Â°
2. Combine flour and next five ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in a medium bowl
3. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles a course meal
4. Combine buttermilk, egg and rind, stir well with whisk.
5. Add buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until moist.
6. Gently fold in blueberries.
7. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray and bake at 400Â° for 20 minutes or until muffin spring back when lightly touched.
8. Remove muffins from pan immediately and place on wire rack to cool
9. For the glaze, come by and lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled muffins.
Yield: 1 dozen muffins
I think in step 9, she meant to say "combine lemon juice and powdered sugar."
This is a glaze I often use on lemon pound cakes and it is yummy! These were
the best lemon/blueberry muffins I've ever had.