|Recipe Title: Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup #2|
Contributed by: TwinLakesChef
Note from the Diva
|It isn't listed on the menu but if you ask for it, Chili's has it to serve you.|
List of Ingredients
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
1 lb. of chicken breast fillets (approx. 3 fillets)
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup masa harina
3 cups water
1 cup enchilada sauce
16 ounces Velveeta
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
shredded Jack cheese
crumbled corn tortilla chips
|1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.|
2. Add onions and garlic to pot and sautÃ© over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent. Add chicken broth.
3. Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
4. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
6. Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded Jack cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, and sour cream.
Number of Servings: Makes approximately 12 servings.
General Cooking/Prep Method
Recipe Type - Categories
Extra Features of Recipe
Good for Season/Celebration/Holiday