|Recipe Title: Turkey Albondigas Soup|
Contributed by: TwinLakesChef
List of Ingredients
|3 c Cooked turkey, chopped |
3 sl Bread, sprinkled with 6 or 7 tablespoons of hot turkey stock
1 Or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or put through a garlic
2 ts Salt
1 ts Ground coriander
1 ts Ground cumin
Several grindings of black pepper
2 qt Turkey stock or chicken stock
10 oz Frozen kernel corn (1 package)
3/4 c Blanched almonds, finely ground
Chopped green chili peppers for garnish
|1. Place the turkey meat in a bowl. Squeeze the excess moisture from the bread and crumble it into the turkey|
2. Put the turkey and bread mixture through a meat grinder or a food processor.
3. Add the eggs, garlic, salt, coriander, cumin and black pepper. Mix well. Shape the mixture into walnut-size balls.
4. Bring the turkey stock to a boil. Drop the albondigas into the boiling stock. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the cooked albondigas with a slotted spoon and set aside.
6. Boil the stock for another 30 minutes to reduce and thicken it. Add the corn and the ground almonds. Return the albondigas to the stock. Heat through and serve in bowls garnished with chopped chili peppers, if you wish.
NOTE: To make the stock, pick the meat off the bird. Place the carcass in a large pot and cover with water. Add an onion, a carrot, a rib of celery, some parsely and thyme, and a bay leaf. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Cool, strain, and season.
Number of Servings: 6
General Cooking/Prep Method
Extra Features of Recipe