Scottish Cusine With Susan forum: Scottish Cookies
Views: 9, Replies: 0 » Jump to the end
â€¢ 1 cup all purpose flour
â€¢ 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
â€¢ 1/8 teaspoon salt
â€¢ 2/3 cup butter, softened
â€¢ 1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
â€¢ 1 large egg
â€¢ 1 teaspoon vanilla
â€¢ 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
â€¢ 1 tablespoon water (more as needed)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
3. Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy. Add the egg, beating until just blended. Add the vanilla.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients, oats and water. Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on the prepared cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart; flatten them slightly with a fork.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks.
|« Back to the top
« Cubits.org homepage
« YumYum Divas cubit homepage
« Scottish Cusine With Susan forum