Echinacea Photos forum: Flame Thrower

 
Page 2 of 2 • 1 2

Views: 11, Replies: 32 » Jump to the end
LorettaNJ
Jul 6, 2015 8:09 PM CST
I didn't really feed much. They are planted in finished and sifted compost (leaf and grass from the county) in a 1/2 gallon pot so the roots grow to the bottom right away. Actually, I think it is time to trade up. The new plugs are in 4" pots, coconut coir, vermiculite, perlite and some worm compost but I won't keep them there long. I just wanted them to settle after being shipped.
I know I'm not suppose to let them flower but...but...but... Sad At some point I will. At least I won't let them go to seed.
So Bob, where is this nursery???
ImageSnapshot
Jul 6, 2015 9:16 PM CST
Name: Bob
Kansas...The Land of Ahhhhhs
I'm retired Fishing is my job.
LorettaNJ wrote:I didn't really feed much. They are planted in finished and sifted compost (leaf and grass from the county) in a 1/2 gallon pot so the roots grow to the bottom right away. Actually, I think it is time to trade up. The new plugs are in 4" pots, coconut coir, vermiculite, perlite and some worm compost but I won't keep them there long. I just wanted them to settle after being shipped.
I know I'm not suppose to let them flower but...but...but... Sad At some point I will. At least I won't let them go to seed.
So Bob, where is this nursery???


I have them in 3in pots filled with coir, vermiculite and potting mix. They get 5-6 hours of full sun.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

Steven Wright
ImageNJBob
Jul 6, 2015 9:29 PM CST
Name: Bob
Vernon N.J.
Max is Back on rt 23 south Butler NJ. Not sure where you are - Is that a long ride for you? Not a cheap place they run $14.99 to $16.99.
LorettaNJ
Jul 6, 2015 11:00 PM CST
I know Max is Back! I know it since it was a vegetable stand and the real Max ran it.
I haven't been there this year yet but I'll have to go look.

Snapshot, try at least a tall quart pot or 2 quart pot and see if they don't have a little growth spurt.
ImageSnapshot
Jul 6, 2015 11:54 PM CST
Name: Bob
Kansas...The Land of Ahhhhhs
I'm retired Fishing is my job.
I will after they dry out. That had crossed my mind.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

Steven Wright
LorettaNJ
Jul 7, 2015 12:11 AM CST
I just checked on the new ones that just came and three croaked out of 8. The others were starting to put out flowers already. I pinched them.
[Last edited Jul 7, 2015 2:56 PM CST]
Quote | Post #1149440 (6)
ImageSnapshot
Jul 7, 2015 12:23 AM CST
Name: Bob
Kansas...The Land of Ahhhhhs
I'm retired Fishing is my job.
LorettaNJ wrote:I just checked on the new ones that just came and three crooked out of 8. The others were starting to put out flowers already. I pinched them.


That's a shame. I probably won't buy any plugs. No guarantee of replacement and a high failure rate. Money wasted that could have been used for larger plants. I just hope that mine live.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

Steven Wright
LorettaNJ
Jul 7, 2015 3:04 PM CST
crooked = croaked

It didn't help that Texas had all that rain. As it always goes, the main plant that I wanted is the one that is croaking - Cinnamon Cupcake. I have one left and it does have some black. When I consider all the plugs I picked up, I am still ahead of the game at this point.
ImageSnapshot
Jul 7, 2015 7:26 PM CST
Name: Bob
Kansas...The Land of Ahhhhhs
I'm retired Fishing is my job.
LorettaNJ wrote:crooked = croaked

It didn't help that Texas had all that rain. As it always goes, the main plant that I wanted is the one that is croaking - Cinnamon Cupcake. I have one left and it does have some black. When I consider all the plugs I picked up, I am still ahead of the game at this point.


Cinnamon Cupcake never did well for me and didn't overwinter.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

Steven Wright
LorettaNJ
Jul 7, 2015 8:07 PM CST
Crying But it was going to look so good with Cantaloupe Supreme! My matches never work out!
ImageSnapshot
Jul 7, 2015 9:26 PM CST
Name: Bob
Kansas...The Land of Ahhhhhs
I'm retired Fishing is my job.
LorettaNJ wrote: Crying But it was going to look so good with Cantaloupe Supreme! My matches never work out!


Next time you need a match try match.com Rolling on the floor laughing Rolling my eyes.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

Steven Wright
LorettaNJ
Jul 8, 2015 3:17 PM CST
Glare Cute. Hilarious!
ImageSnapshot
Jul 8, 2015 8:08 PM CST
Name: Bob
Kansas...The Land of Ahhhhhs
I'm retired Fishing is my job.
I agree
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Page 2 of 2 • 1 2

« Back to the top
« Cubits.org homepage
« Echinaceas cubit homepage
« Echinacea Photos forum

You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.

Echinaceas

Welcome to the Echinacea Cubit. If it's an Echinacea, discuss it here.

» Home
» Forums
» Articles
» Database
» FAQ
» Links

Cubit owner: clintbrown