Viewing post #1104024 by starlight1153
| PIGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE SURE YOU READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since databases are starting to close and folks are wondering how to get their packages done, I am going to post this now and it will also be carried over to the very first post when we switch to a new thread, so you'll always know where to find it.
WE ARE NOW STARTING ANOTHER HOLIDAY SEASON. A REMINDER TO THE OLD PIGGIES AND INFORMATION TO THE NEW PIGGIES.
NOW, WHEN YOU ARE GETTING READY TO CLOSE YOUR LIST< PLEASE POST ON HERE A FEW DAYS IN ADVANCE IF YOU CAN THAT WAY FOLKS CAN CHECK THOSE LISTS FOR ANYTHING ELSE THEY MAY WANT. ALSO TRY AND PUT A NOTE AT BEGINNING OF YOUR SEED LIST AS A REMINDER OF THE CLOSE DATE. IF YOU FORGET, ONE OF US ADMIDS WILL DO IT FOR YOU.
ONCE YOUR LIST IS FULLY CLOSED. PLEASE POST ON HERE AND THAN "AFTER " (not before) YOUR SCREEN NAME ON DATABASE PUT CLOSED. OTHERWISE IT CHANGES LINE UP AND I HAVE TO HUNT THINGS AROUND.
ALSO, ONCE YOU HAVE CLOSED YOUR LISTS AND THIS IS THE REAL BIGGY. DO NOT!!!!!! DELETE, I REPEAT.... DO NOT DELETE, YOUR DATABASES OR CLEAR OUT SECTIONS UNTIL I GIVE YOU THE OK, WHICH IS AFTER I HAVE ALL THE SEED MAILED. I go back and forth and back and forth checking seed and also for filling wishlists and tossing extra goodies.
Once you close your lists, this what you will send to me.
1. YOUR SEED FOR PART 1 Marked for whose feed bucket it is to go into. Please group packets for same person together. Single packets going to folks can be put together, just make sure their name is on the outside of the packet, so I know who to toss it too.
2. For those participating in PART 2. PART 2 is totally voluntary. The Piggy PILE! A refresher for regulars and for newbies. For every packet of seed you send up to a hundred packets, your seed will be exchanged for a packet from the pool of Part 2 seeds that comes in from your Wishlist and the part about my garden. I never know how many folks will participate and I never know what type of seed will be in the mix. This is like the grab mix of seeds. From what I read from off your Wish List and about My Garden, I try to select things that might work for you. Sometimes perfect matching seed is there and sometimes it is not. While I try my best not to send you things from your Don't Want list, I can only pass out what is sent in and sometimes ya may get something ya don't like. You can always give it away or trade it later.
Do not send more than 3 packets of the same thing. For example... Do not send me 20 packs of Morning Glory 'Star of Yelta" I will only accept three, the rest I will return to you.
Now if you had
3 Packs MG 'Star of Yelta
3 Packs MG 'Blue Glory
That would be fine. NO, tree seeds, no bushes or shrubs. Folks that wanted them, have oinked for them.
"Please only send seed that you would be happy receiving yourself. We have a lot of the same people participating year after year and while I understand that some of you do grow and save seed from the same plants every year. But we are all receiving some wonderful new to us seeds that we should be planting and re offering each year so that we don't all keep getting the same kind of seed in the one to one. Not so much the veggies. Folks can always use veggies and herbs, but not the same flowers. "
Your PART 2 Seeds should all be together and marked on outside for PART 2.
PART 3 ... BOTTOM OF THE BARREL This is the section, that is voluntary too. If you wan to be in this part you need to mark the YES section on your database. Sometimes folks have extra extra seed and just pass it on here in the swap. I go through it, fill Wishes, build boxes for skinny piggies and give to Survivors. We don't have any Survivors this year, but I do have a piggy working with a library to build a seed bank for local folks. Anything left goes to groups who help feed the hungry or it goes in the bottom of the barrel and I toss out any oh which way to folks. Love that part it like playing 52 pick-up only with seeds. Seeds that are for PART 3 please put together and mark on outside for PART 3. Again if you get something from this part you don't like, Trade it or Save it for another swap.
Part 2 and Part 3 are voluntary and you can join both, either one ya want, or none. Totally up to you. Just mark on bags if it a PART 2 or a PART 3.
OK. NOW YOU HAVE YOUR SEED TOGETHER THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SEND ME BESIDES YOUR SEED.
1. On piece of paper put your real name and address you want your seeds mailed too. You should have also by now sent me a cmail with the same information on it. If you haven't done it, please do it. I will be sending you mine back on the same cmail you sent me your addy on. Still have a couple of folks that need to send me cmail with real name and addy on it.
2. No need to send sheets of paper with your coming in and going out. If you have done what you are supposed to have done and updated your Incoming and Outgoing boxes, I should have all that information here in the databases. , so try and get those sections updated. Easier for me to cross reference off database if need be and saves you all on ink, paper and postage.
THIS IS VERY>>>VERY >>> IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! . Sending your seed to me, protect your seed and yourself. Make sure your seed package has a tracking number on it. When you send Priority it should now come automatically. If your sending your seed in a bubbler, make sure you purchase a tracking number and make sure it is on the package.
Until I have your seed, I won't send yours out. Most folks know what happened last year when PO misplaced like 20 packages and without those tracking numbers, we never would have been able to trace and locate them.
With tracking number we can find your seed. Without it , nothing I can do if your seed comes up missing. If your sending by priority, they give free tracking now, but make sure you don't lose your receipt. Make sure they give you one. Hate this new procedure as before the old way, you had that nice green copy not so easy to lose as a receipt. Not worth losing all your seed or getting over like the 80 cent cost if need be for tracking number.
As soon as you get your tracking number, cmail it to me!!!!!!! That way it won't get lost in with your other Holiday purchase receipts. As soon as packages are received here, it is announced on this thread and record as received on the PARTICIPANT"S thread
4. Also, Please remember to enclose your postage. Postage for me to send back is $7.00. I cannot afford to paying postage for piggies who forgot. Just toss it somewhere in the box, I'll find it. You can send cash, which is the best, MO from US POST OFFICES only, stamps, or checks. Only the long haulers will be allowed to use PAYPAL.
I think that covers major areas. If you need help or have questions. Holler out.
Remember, boxes should be reaching me by Dec 20th. Once your database is closed and your packed, try and get your boxes in the mail as soon as possible. I know weather will be an issue for some folks and not worth anybody's life for a box of seeds, but if you are running late, please let me know. Happens every year bad weather moves in and I have no problem with delays from with that as long as you tell me.
For newbies who may not know, once I have all the seed, usually takes me a couple of weeks to sort everything out. I work as fast as I can. Soon as everybody box is done they all go out together. I try to aim for second week in January if everybody running on time getting boxes here. No sending of boxes during holiday rush. Things get lost, and squished, and kicked. It amazing the condition some packages arrive here in.
Again, if you have any questions, or need more clarification, just ask! We all ask things at one time or another. If you can try and ask on the current Chat Thread in the Cottage Garden Forum, as folks will still be oinking away here and that way their posts won't get lost or missed.
***Click here for 2014 Piggy Swap List
Click here for Ella's Garden ***
Click Here to Join the 2014 Piggy Seed Swap...
« Return to the thread "Official 2014 Piggy Seed Swap Starting Line!! #5"
« Return to Seed Trading forum
« Return to the Ella's Garden cubit homepage