Viewing post #72434 by psa
|The uprights were reinforced and braced. This was much harder than I expected because my wood was not straight. If there was one thing I could change about the door, it would be ensuring that both sides were as true as I could get them, and then doubling them up to make sure they stayed that way. As it was, shimming and adjusting was very difficult, and I used special screws so that I could adjust the push & pull between the door frame and the supports, rather than just holding it tight to it. I'm a much better gardener than I am a carpenter or framer.
I used a section of the thick outer plastic as a barrier between the door threshold and the bricks. This was further covered by mats on the inside and out, and sealed around with rocks. The door itself has a low-E (doesn't pass infrared) double pane glass inset and extra weatherstripping for a good seal.
« Return to the thread "Paul's geodesic dome, part 4: Door, Ventilation, and more"
« Return to Greenhouses forum
« Return to the Mid-Columbia Gardens cubit homepage